It’s that time of the year again and we are preparing for WeMake Celebrates, and our Put a Bird In Itauction. Last year we had a wonderful turnout of artists, agencies, and makers which helped to make our event one of the largest parties of the week and we raised a nice chunk of money for arts and music education that was distributed throughout the Portland and Multnomah county schools through a grant called First Octave—you can see where the money went here.
This year we are again closing off the festivities of Design Week Portland, with a huge party at Sandbox Studio.
Save the date! Saturday night, October 12th 2013.
Festivities will include:
- A Curated Poster Show with 10 amazing artists (more info soon)
- Live Silkcreening, brought to you by Golden Rule Design
- A live maker activity with Tanner Goods
- Performances by School of Rock and more!
We will also hosts a private sketchXchange before the party with guests LAIKA House.
All proceeds will go towards this awesome charity!
Please join us in our efforts to support arts and music education and to celebrate the design and art community of Portland.
Materials and space are limited.
1. Tell us why you want to participate!
2. Please submit a short bio for you, your team, studio and/or agency.
3. Show us some work you are proud of and tell us about it. Submit 4-5 examples with a brief description and your url if you have one.
Teams may submit more to represent each team member.
*Studios and agencies can apply for up to three birdhouses
July 8th, 2013 at 5 p.m.
Send info firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep the email under 5MB when submitting
Each participant will receive a birdhouse template and FREE materials, but you can do whatever you like and not follow the template! Birdhouses will be due the first week of October. Selected artists will receive more information about timeline, etc.
Featured birdhouses: 1. Fix Studio 2. Always with Honor 3. Rory Phillips 4. Mary Kate McDevitt 5. Industry