WeMake Celebrates - October 14 - 15, 2016 - Portland, Oregon
WeMake Celebrates 2015 - in photos
A DESIGN CONFERENCE ABOUT THE PROCESS OF MAKING
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14TH
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15TH 2016
WeMake Celebrates design-in-action with our second annual design conference on the process of making and two days of creative dialogue with inspiring design thinkers known locally, nationally, and internationally. This curated group of diverse speakers have been chosen from the design and maker communities because they are forging their own creative paths and making a mark in their respective industries.
Friday, October 14 – at The Armory in Portland’s Pearl District
9 am - 5:30 pm (Doors open at 8 am)
6 pm - After-Party at Wieden+Kennedy with live performances by Portland’s award-winning R&B group The Norman Sylvester Band.
- April 21 - Super Early Bird $100
- July 1 - Early Bird $150
- August 30 - Last Call General Admission $175
Ticket Price Includes:
- Entry to Friday's Conference, attendee goodies and interactive activities.
- Entry to Friday's After Party
Keynote speakers include:
- French illustrator and designer Jean Jullien (London)
- Brooklyn based designer and illustrator Lotta Nieminen (Helsinki & New York)
- Filmmaker and Photographer Andy Best (nomadic)
- Art Director, stylist and more Bowen Ames (Seattle)
- Former lead guitarist/musical director for Beyoncé and yoga guru Bibi McGill (Portland)
- Portland Garment Factory’s founder and Fashion Apparel designer, Britt Howard (Portland)
MC: The dynamic and talented fine artist, illustrator and author Lisa Congdon is this year’s Master of Ceremonies.
Panel: Small Scale is a panel of local makers who have grown their businesses to national levels while still remaining the neighborhood shop around the corner. OPB’s State of Wonder creator and host April Baer will again moderate.
- Leather Crafter & Designer Matt Pierce (Wood&Faulk),
- Ceramicist and designer Shannon Guirl (Caravan Pacific),
- Creative Director & Entrepreneur Dave Selden (33 Books),
- President at Scout Books Laura Whipple
Performance: Poet, artist, and performer Anis Mojgani, is a two-time National Poetry Slam Individual Champion and winner of the international World Cup Poetry Slam.
Saturday, October 15
Workshops - The second day is packed with hands-on experiences and fun to be had by all. More information on workshops coming soon! Separate tickets are required for workshops and space will be limited.
Workshop Artists: Kate Bingaman-Burt (local illustrator and author) & Zachary Schomburg (poet, writer, teacher), Mark Caneso (a master of type), Christine Herrin (Adobe Resident, illustrator & designer)
Adobe, Scout Books, Wieden+Kennedy, Swift, Creative Circle, The Study, Sokol Blosser Winery and Widmer Brothers Brewing